What are Radiological and Nuclear Incidents?
A radiation incident/accident is an incident/accident involving ionizing radiation emitted by radioactive materials, nuclear materials or irradiation apparatus. Examples of irradiation apparatus or equipment that have radioactive materials are x-ray machines, thickness gauges, density gauges and others.
Examples of Radiation Incidents/Accidents
- Vehicles carrying radioactive materials involved in traffic accidents.
- Radioactive material cannot be put into the container after the Industrial Radiography work is completed.
- Radioactive material in the form of powder and liquid is spilled when handled.
- Theft/loss of Radioactive Material.
- The source of radioactive material is not owned by people found in public areas.